Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What? Where? How? Aw, jeez. How the hell did I get here?

If you'd have asked me the day I graduated from high school where I'd be in ten or fifteen years, I would have never guessed the truth. I'd been good at almost everything I'd ever tried my whole life. (And let's not mention my pitiful attempts at slalom skiing here. I did say "almost"!) I was an intuitive student, a relatively decent athelete (although I'd never even considered myself an athlete). I was a bit socially awkward and introverted, but I never considered those to be weaknesses or faults. I had been successful throughout my childhood and teen years, and that is how I saw myself being for the rest of my life. Modest, right? But, I couldn't see myself being any other way.

Well, I'll turn 35 this year, and I am in no way successful. I am a mostly full time housewife and mother. I serve in a restaurant on the weekends. I am not particuarly outstanding at any of my current "jobs". I love being a mom, but I am not as engaged in it as I once thought I would be. I am okay with being a server while I finish school, but it is certainly not my life's ambition. However, the one thing I am really, REALLY bad at is being a housewife. Housekeeping comes in at the top of my "Things I Hate to Do" list.

So, this little blog will be a lighthearted, sometimes introspective outlet to explore my issues with housekeeping. I mean, there has to be a reason that I detest housework, right? Maybe this will help me figure out the whys and wherefores of this particular quirk of my personality, and maybe, just maybe it will help me to be a better wife and mom:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment